Wednesday, September 12, 2007

ALEX in the classroom

I think I could find a lot of use out of ALEX in the classroom. Thinking about being a teacher, one thing that seems like it would be hard would be to create lesson plans and find stuff for my students to do all the time. This website has lots of examples and tools to help you create lessons plans for each subject. It seems like it would be extremely useful. ALEX seems like a big database for teachers across the state to give their ideas and techniques for everyone to share. It's a good way to network and gain different ideas.

ALEX would also be a good website to tell students to visit. It has links and search tools that would be helpful if students were trying to do specific research on a subject. It's a safe website that can be monitored so teachers know where their students would be getting information and know that it is reliable. They also have e-learning which I assume might be used for activities that students can go online and do through that website.

ALEX would be a very good tool to use in the classroom. I know I could definitely see myself using this website once I become a teacher. I'm sure it will only improve by time I actually am a teacher.

No comments: